Federal Coach Company Warranty
HOW TO FILE A CONVERSION WARRANTY CLAIM
Outlined below are the methods to facilitate the filing of Warranty Claims. ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONTACT FEDERAL FIRST, BEFORE REPAIRING YOUR VEHICLE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY LIMIT YOUR FINANCIAL REIMBURSEMENT.
- Contact Federal Coach Warranty Department at 844-236-3801 to determine that the vehicle is within the warranty period. Have Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and mileage available.
- Complete the Warranty Request Form making certain all pertinent information is supplied and correct. The form may be completed on the website or printed.
- Submit the form on-line or fax to 513-824-8910.
- Upon approval of warranty request, Federal Coach will provide a repair authorization number to the requesting party.
- Upon conclusion of repairs, fax the completed repair order and authorization form, including authorization number to Federal Coach Warranty Department 513-824-8910.
BASE CHASSIS MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Base chassis manufacturers offer warranty coverage on the base vehicle which remains in effect after the conversion and sale of the vehicle. Upon resale of the vehicle by the Dealer, a Base Chassis Delayed Warranty must be applied to validate the new owner’s warranty. Federal Coach will complete the Application forms for Base Chassis Delayed Warranty once the dealer or end customer complete and submit Federal’s Warranty Registration Form. Warranty claims which pertain to the base chassis, and not the Federal Coach conversion, may be handled through any Dealer representing the base vehicle manufacturer. Refer to the original equipment manufacturer’s warranty, or call your local automobile dealer for information regarding the OEM’s warranty policy and warranty claims.
UPON SALE OF THE VEHICLE
Upon final sale of the vehicle, to validate the new owner’s warranty coverage and to expedite any future service or repair work at the dealership, Federal’s Warranty Registration Form must be completed and returned to the Federal Coach Warranty Department.
CONVERSION WARRANTY INFORMATION
Federal Coach’s Conversion Warranty is a guarantee to the original retail customer (“Customer”) to cover repairs or to correct malfunctions which occur during the warranty period for any defect in material or workmanship on the vehicle conversion. Federal Coach’s Warranty covers conversion/modification of funeral coaches for 72 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, for funeral limousines, for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, and for van conversions, 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The lifetime frame and structural warranty applies to the original end customer for all Federal Funeral Vehicles.
- DIAGNOSIS TIME
Prior approval by the Warranty Department is required for diagnosis time charged by the Dealer for warranty work. Federal Coach warrants no more than two (2) hours of diagnosis time per vehicle.
- REIMBURSEMENT FOR LABOR
Federal Coach will reimburse the authorized Dealer for the performance of a Federal Coach approved warranty claim. All claims must be filed on a Federal Coach AFA Form and forwarded to the Federal Coach Warranty Department within fifteen (15) days. Ask for a flat rate guide which establishes the allowable labor times for most warranty repair work. When no time is listed in the Flat Rate Guide, the actual clock time used (in hours or tenths of hours), must be recorded on the repair order. Dealer will be paid for the clock time if the Warranty Department deems the time reasonable. Federal Coach has established flat rates of up to $45.00 per hour for Paint & Body work and a maximum of $75.00 per hour for mechanical work on all approved warranty claims.
- ODOMETER ALTERATION
Odometer alteration is prohibited by Federal law. No coverage will be provided if evidence of odometer tampering is found.
- LACK OF MAINTENANCE
Reasonable evidence of abuse, neglect or failure to perform proper levels of maintenance will invalidate the Federal Coach Warranty.
- TRANSPORTATION DAMAGE/MISSING ITEMS
Repair notes should be made upon delivery of vehicle. Transportation damage or missing items must be noted on the original check-in sheet for warranty coverage.
- NON-AUTHORIZED REPAIRS
Repairs on the vehicle conversion or equipment, and/or repairs to optional accessories which have been added to the vehicle after leaving the plant will not be warranted by Federal Coach.
ITEMS NOT WARRANTED
The following items are not covered under the Federal Coach Warranty Policy:
- Original equipment chassis and parts from the original manufacturer
- Damage or deterioration due to normal use, wear and tear or exposure
- Normal maintenance service
- Damage or defects due to service of or repairs made to the vehicle by someone other than an authorized Federal dealer
- Damage or defects due to accident, abuse, or abnormal use
- Damage or defects due to the installation of additional equipment or parts by anyone other than Federal factory personnel
- Any vehicle the actual odometer mileage of which cannot be readily determined
- The effect of external mechanical or chemical influences acting on the vehicle
- Body damage resulting from road debris, curbs, inclement weather, or loading of equipment or caskets
- The effect of the vehicle having been improperly operated or used in a manner for which it was not intended
REJECTION OF WARRANTY CLAIMS
If a claim is rejected for any reason, the claim will be returned to the Dealer with an explanation, such as A) Incorrectly calculated labor rate, B) Excessive labor time, C) Outside labor without prior approval, etc. Appeals may be made on all adjusted or denied claims within fifteen (15) days of the denial and should be directed to the Warranty Department.